Masalanga boosts Singida Black Stars’ confidence ahead of crucial match

By Victoria Godfrey

Singida Black Stars goalkeeper Hussein Masalanga has expressed strong confidence that his team can still advance in the CAF Confederation Cup, despite losing their opening match.

The club is set to face Stellenbosch in their second group stage match on November 30 at the New Amaan Complex Stadium in Zanzibar.

Speaking to The Respondents Online, Masalanga emphasized that the squad is fully focused on the upcoming game, setting aside past results to achieve their objectives.

“Truthfully, we lost the away game, and everyone saw what happened. We came back, reviewed the match, and discussed what needs to be done. The coaching staff is addressing the mistakes, and our job is to correct them on the pitch to secure a positive result at home,” Masalanga said.

He added that the team began training in Dar es Salaam before moving to Zanzibar to intensify preparations. 

Masalanga also called on fans and supporters to continue backing the team, as their encouragement will be crucial in the challenging match ahead.

Singida Black Stars coordinator, Lawyer Anatoly Nyaki, confirmed that all players are in good condition, with no injuries reported so far.

“We are confident that playing at home will give us the edge to demonstrate the quality of Singida Black Stars to Tanzanian fans,” Nyaki said.

The club’s media officer, Hussein Massanza, added that the team is preparing well despite facing a tough challenge in Algeria during the first match.

“Preparations began immediately after returning from the previous game, and most of the training is taking place here in Zanzibar. We know Coach Miguel Gamondi; he is not one to give up easily. He has built a strong, disciplined team, and the players are committed to achieving the club’s goals,” Massanza said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Put your ad code here